Patient Care Technician - Chest Pain Center
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 3906
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Chest Pain Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The PCT works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse as a Nurse Aide 1 or a Nurse Aide II, to provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population. The PCT provides clerical activities that include transcribing, communicating and maintaining written information. They communicate verbal information accurately and courteously and provide assistance to customers and team members. The PCT is also responsible for completing a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
1. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide skills with in their scope of practice. 2. Accurately transcribes and processes provider orders and written information accurately in accordance to the Medical Center’s policies. 3. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. 4. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently. 5. Facilitates the flow of patients throughout the Medical Center by accurately transferring and discharging patients in the appropriate systems in a timely manner. 6. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance 7. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department 8. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team and customers. 9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction. 10. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* General Education Degree
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Licensure / Certifications: Maintain current status on the Nurse Aide I and/or NA II registry. Attend 12 hours of facility approved continuing education classes each calendar year. American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required.: Some departments have additional advanced CPR requirements as listed on staff annual education record.
Experience preferred. Prefer knowledge/experience with medical terminology.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!