Central Sterile Tech - PMH
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 5215
Date Posted: Nov 17, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Surgical Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Central Sterile Supply Technician is responsible for cleaning, disinfection, assembly and sterilization of all instruments used in surgical services, and all required monitoring of equipment used in the processes. Reports failure of any process to Manager of Surgical Services immediately. Assists surgical technician with maintaining adequate supply inventory. Performs weekly environmental cleaning of Surgical Suite per Infection Control Guidelines.
1. Performs decontamination, cleaning, inspection, assembly, wrapping and sterilization of instruments & trays for use in surgical services.
2. Competent in operation of disinfection and sterilization equipment.
3. Performs and records Biological & Chemical monitoring of equipment.
4. Maintains record of load contents associated with operation of sterilizers.
5. Performs environmental sanitation of Surgical Services department as assigned.
6. Transports patients/runs errands as needed.
7. Monitors & maintains linen inventory (scrubs; blue towels etc.).
8. Assists in operating room turnover/environmental sanitation-equipment needs.
9. Assists surgical personnel with maintaining appropriate inventory of instruments & supplies.
10. Assist with transferring patients from OR table to stretcher observing safety practices and using proper body mechanics.
11. Competent in disinfection and processing of flexible endoscopes.
12. Utilizes PPE per infection control guidelines
* Cert Reg Central Sterile Tech
* General Education Degree
Experience: One year experience in a Central Service Department required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!