NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - Diagnostic
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Diagnostic Imaging Manager of Radiology, coordinates delivery of Radiology services by assigning technologists work, scheduling patients, checking quality of films, performs Radiology procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of neonate (0-28 days), infant (1-12 months), children (1-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years) adult (18-72 years) and geriatric (72+patients) patients. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines, based upon completion of initial training with appropriate documentation and on going annual competency assessment. The initial competency assessment should be done six months post training, and annually thereafter. For documentation of testing performed, see the Education/Training/Competency file for the individual employee.
1. Assigns Diagnostic Technologists and support personnel to work areas and cases based on patient workload.
2. Schedules patient’s appointments in coordination with technologists, physician, test, procedures, etc.
3. Checks quality of diagnostic examinations to be reviewed by physicians.
4. Performs radiographic procedures.
5. Serves in a recommending role for hiring and discharging employees.
6. Responsible for training, counseling, teaching, and scheduling of discipline of employees working in assigned Radiology section(s).
7. Ensures that work assignments are fair and consistent with abilities and job description.
8. Develops work schedules to achieve optimal usage of assigned personnel.
9. Meets with staff and promotes ideas regarding improvements in Radiology services.
10. Provides guidance for employees with respect to confidentiality of patient results and monitors employees in this regard.
11. Consults with Radiologist when problem arises with patient procedures.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: One to two years preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!