NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Canterbury Annex
Department: Construction Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the direction of Director of Planning and Construction. Works in cooperation with the Planning and Design staff and the Lead Project Managers. Is responsible for monitoring the quality of the aesthetic work performed by contractors during new construction and renovation projects. Is responsible for the coordination of Aesthetics improvements with the user departments. Is responsible to act as owner’s representative on multiple minor construction projects of varying scope. Assists in the coordination of contract personnel and the medical center painting and maintenance departments for the satisfactory implementation of the construction renovation projects. Works with users and design team to develop aesthetic plan for new construction and renovation projects to include selection of materials. Performs other duties as assigned to meet organizational goals.
1. Works in cooperation with the Planning and Design staff and the lead project managers on the design and development of the various capital improvement projects. Responsible for maintaining the interior aesthetic standards for the facility and monitoring the quality of the aesthetic work performed by all contractors for all projects performed by the Facilities Services departments.
2. Works to support the Director of Planning & Construction to coordinate personnel space moves, including the coordination of the environmental services, information services, and the plant operations staff. Coordinates with contractors to perform space moves not performed by in-house staff.
3. Assists in the supervision and coordination of the CAD/Graphics Specialist, including monitoring the adherence to the AutoCAD Master Plan and integration of the aesthetics finishes into the CAD database.
4. Monitors construction progress on assigned projects to assure that contractors adhere to sound construction and installation practices, project specifications, quality assurance and applicable regulations notifying the designer’s representative of deficiencies identified.
5. Routinely reports on the status of assigned projects to Director of Planning and Construction Services. Periodic reporting to NHHN Vice President, Facilities and Support Services.
6. Produces all necessary documentation for project financial tracking and follow-up assuring that clear audit trails are present.
7. Coordinates contract personnel and the medical center painting and maintenance departments for the satisfactory implementation of the construction renovation projects.
8. Responsible for coordinating the installation of any and all aesthetic improvements and installation projects for the entire network.
* High School Diploma
Education: Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Construction Management, Engineering or possessing 8 years experience in a design, scheduling, superintendent or management position.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None required, registered interior designer is preferred.
3. Experience: Two to five years’ experience in design administration preferred, including contract administration, field engineer or comparable position.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!