NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general supervision of the Coordinator Nuclear Medicine. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic Nuclear Medicine procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Performs any combination of the following duties depending on area assigned. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines, based upon completion of initial training with appropriate documentation and on going annual competency assessment. The initial competency assessment should be done six months post training, and annually thereafter. For documentation of testing performed, see the Education/Training/Competency file for the individual employee.
1. Uses appropriate problem solving approach to plan performance of services.
a. Anticipates the effect of proper scheduling of patients and resources and makes appropriate adjustments to maintain a high level of patient throughput.
b. Effectively communicates with other staff to provide the most efficient patient care possible.
2. Provides services with consideration of the physical, psychosocial, cultural/spiritual, and age specific needs of those being served.
a. Anticipates needs of those being served and seeks opportunities to alter services.
b. Shares knowledge and expertise with others on how to meet individual needs.
c. Evaluates effectiveness of existing services to meet these needs and works with others to improve practices
3. Uses equipment/supplies appropriately.
a. Operates equipment and utilizes radipharmaceuticals at the most effective level.
b. Accepts responsibility for maximum performance of equipment.
c. Selects and uses the most effective supplies needed to perform imaging procedures.
4. Uses appropriate safety and infection control measures.
a. Complies with departmental and organizational safety and infection control measures.
b. Uses proper techniques when working with radiopharmaceuticals to prevent unnecessary exposure to self, patients and co-worker.
5. Teaches/directs/ advises/informs others in an appropriate manner.
a. Anticipates information needs of those served.
b. Prepares verbal and written communication in clear and concise manner.
c. Follows up to ensure that others fully understand what are being communicated.
6. Reports/records information correctly.
a. Prepares and records exams, dose calibrations, radiation safety logs and dose calibrator logs, surveys, and wipes accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner particularly when specified by license or regulatory agencies.
* Cert Nuclear Med Tech
* Associate Degree
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent
2. Licensure / Certifications: Certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology by ARRT (RT-N) or NMTCB (CNMT)
3. Experience: Prior experience is preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!