NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager. Works with hospital and Environmental Services staff in his/her assigned area following established policies and procedures to coordinate and ensure proper completion of all Environmental Services functions in order to maintain a high quality of appearance and cleanliness for all patients, staff and visitors.
1. Responsible for coordinating all work activities in assigned areas.
2. Makes frequent tours of assigned areas to see that work is being completed, procedures are being followed correctly, and all customer requests are being handled in a timely manner.
3. Maintains own area as well as supervise staff.
4. Remains in area of responsibility during entire 8 hour shift with exceptions noted by Director and/or Manager.
5. Responsible for training and retraining of staff and evaluating competency levels by utilizing the performance appraisal system.
6. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all Medical Center policies and Environmental Services policies and procedures and ensures compliance by staff.
7. Monitors performance of assigned staff, documenting and counseling with individuals to make recommendations for disciplinary actions, terminations, or promotions when necessary.
8. Will keep an inventory of equipment used by staff (i.e., carts, pagers, vacuums) to ensure everything is used appropriately and is accounted for.
9. Exhibits behavior in keeping with the mission of the Medical Center and the Environmental Services Department.
10. Will be responsible for Q.A.’s and Patient Surveys. Number of surveys to be done to be determined by the Director and/or Manager.
* General Education Degree
Experience: 2-3 years experience in Environmental Services, healthcare related, and/or general supervision preferred Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!