NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Case Management
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direction of the Manager and performs a variety of general and confidential clerical/business duties to support the department's goals, objectives, and daily operations.
1. Provides assistance and performs duties for Manager to ensure department/function operates in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
2. Interacts with customers and other contacts in a professional manner, responding as directed either orally or in writing.
3. Maintains routine department/function reports, minutes, manuals, etc., ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data.
4. Utilizes computer for a variety of advanced applications and scheduling activities and generates standard reports to support department activities.
5. Ensures record keeping and filing systems for the department/function are maintained to provide prompt retrieval and confidentiality of data as required.
6. Maintains needed inventory and orders supplies and ensures adequate stock for smooth operation of department (s).
7. Attends meetings/committee sessions and ensures accurate recording/transcription of same.
8. Performs routine clerical and confidential duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
Experience: 3 years experience as a secretary with a wide scope of responsibility, including but not limited to reception duties, scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, minutes, etc., in a medium or large organization working for one or multiple individuals. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!