NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: P. E. Education & Empowerment
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Performance Excellence LEAN Specialist II serves as an internal consultant focused on increasing the improvement capabilities of management, staff and providers in the areas of process improvement, ISO, organizational development, performance monitoring, adaptive leadership, quality and statistical data analysis. They will apply expertise in successfully applying the Plan Do Study Assess (PDSA) LEAN Process Improvement Methodology. May at times serve as a facilitator and technical resource working on collaboration with Performance Excellence teams working on complex performance improvement efforts. Uses and applies standard performance improvement tools and training to continually educate management, staff and providers in performance improvement. Focuses on better healthcare quality and value, including improvement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, safety, employee and provider satisfaction and process reliability. Coordinate educational events and ensure that participants and stakeholders have the tools and resources they need, necessary information, and guidance to enable them to fully engage in the LEAN - PDSA process and maximize the potential outcomes.
1. Serves as a technical advisor and internal consultant to management, staff, and providers on the use of performance improvement tools and techniques. 2. Prepares, contributes to, translates and delivers organizational/site process improvement training material. 3. Focuses on leading educational continuous improvement activities that will drive LEAN - PDSA Methodology and quality tools throughout the organization. 4. Coach and train associates in the LEAN - PDSA methodology for process improvement. 5. Serves as a consultant/project facilitator and technical resource in collaboration with Performance Excellence teams working on performance improvement efforts, focusing on better healthcare value and quality. 6. Achieves and maintains ISO auditor status to ensure compliance with achieved ISO standards. 7. Develops, maintains and supports the development and execution of the organization’s operational excellence goals and objectives. 8. Works closely with the Performance Excellence Project Execution Team and various affected departments in the associated development and reporting of measurements and quality data. 9. Stays current on all related Performance Excellence Education & Empowerment initiatives and trends, advising leadership accordingly. 10. Assists with the development of effective strategies to communicate and help ensure that all levels of the organization are aware of available tools and successes in relation to Lean healthcare initiatives. 11. Ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines, contributing knowledge with evaluation and proper feedback techniques.
* Lean Greenbelt Healthcare Certificate
* Bachelors Degree
* Masters Degree
1. Education: Bachelor degree in healthcare administration, business administration, Industrial Engineering or Quality Engineering or comparable field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Licensure / Certifications: Lean Blackbelt Preferred
2. Experience: 3 – 5 years in a decision-making type role. An experienced leader who can readily assimilate new technologies and ideas, manage learning and change, and create a vision for a high performance, team-based organization, now and in the future. Demonstrated process improvement experience with strong communication, organizational, presentation and facilitation skills. Solid health care data coordination and data analysis experience (preferred). Working knowledge of both clinical and non-clinical activities and processes within a healthcare setting is a plus.
3. Critical Thinking Skills: Must demonstrate through their daily actions the elements of critical thinking, i.e., the ability to reason a purpose within a point of view based on assumptions leading to implications and consequences. The incumbent Must have the ability and willingness to evaluate one’s thinking, criticize oneself- because one may not have all the relevant information or because one may make unjustified inferences, use inappropriate concepts or fails to notice important implications and embrace (course correction) efforts with no demonstrated hostility. Demonstrates the ability to clarify arguments by recognizing ambiguity and vagueness in arguments and propositions, (clarification of arguments).
4. Demonstrates the ability to assist and cope with a potentially complex array of tasks and uncertainty as to their performance (e.g., duration). Provide assistance in developing a business case , identifying stakeholders, assuring goals are aligned with strategic goals of the organization, identifying criteria for measures of success, understand and convey the predefined requirements and scope of the project. Identify and deal appropriately with constraints such as security, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!