Pharmacy Buyer - Pharmacy
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4963
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Employee works under the direction and supervision of the Pharmacy Director and Pharmacy Managers. As directed, orders drugs and supplies appropriate to meet patient need for Inpatient Pharmacy, Pharmacy Satellite locations and ancillary departments within New Hanover Health Network. Employee performs various ordering functions while controlling procurement costs. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Checks medication, IV fluid, and supply stock daily, and orders accordingly based on buying and delivery schedules.
2. Coordinates medication/supply procurement for main pharmacy, pharmacy satellite areas and ancillary departments/clinics as appropriate.
3. Manages all aspects of daily medication orders from wholesalers.
4. Places orders for specialty drugs through appropriate vendors
5. Monitors, communicates and manages drug shortages.
6. Uses split billing software daily to comply with 340b program requirements and ensure medications are ordered on appropriate accounts.
7. Actively participates in inventory management and assigns par levels in collaboration with pharmacy leadership.
8. Maintains stock shelves with current identification name and order number.
9. Ensures all new medications have been added to necessary computer systems.
10. Processes product recalls and ensures all recalled products are removed and returned in a timely manner.
11. Works with pharmacy leadership to evaluate order quantities and ordering information of all routine and special request (non-formulary) items.
12. Works with pharmacy leadership on formulary change management
13. Maintains purchase logs.
14. Reviews and reconciles borrow and loan transactions with outside facilities and maintains list of approved and restricted facilities.
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* General Education Degree
Experience: Pharmacy or healthcare related field to include knowledge of pharmacy operations and pharmaceutical products. Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel preferred. Previous pharmacy purchasing experience and 340B experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!