CT Tech - NHMG - Radiology
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4955
Date Posted: May 9, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Myrtle Grove Radiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.1
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Radiology Manager this individual performs Computerized Tomography, X-ray and bone density procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injuries.
1. Explains procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxieties of the patient.
2. Performs Computerized Tomography, X-Rays, and Bone Density exams using appropriate protocols.
3. Assists in scheduling exams and ensuring pre-authorization is obtained prior to performing exams.
4. Starts IV and administers contrast media according to protocol. Assists physician, RN and/or Radiologist in administering other medications as necessary.
5. Complete forms and maintain records, logs, and reports of work performed.
6. Adheres to the Delinquent process for identifying missing reports.
7. Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work areas.
8. Provides cardiopulmonary resuscitation and assist first-aid care to patients when required in the department.
9. Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
10. Uses time effectively in own area and assists others where needed
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award-winning team!