The Network Engineer I provides technical support to include: planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all Network Infrastructure equipment for the data, voice, and video networks that support core organizational functions. The Network Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Network Engineer I provides tier 2, 3 and 4 level support within the organization.
1. Responsible for Network Infrastructure technology to include: planning, developing, installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining any of the following technologies: Wireless, Voice, Intrusion prevention, firewalls, web filtering, local area, and wide area networks.
2. Work closely with the Network Architect and Network Engineer II to ensure that proposed and existing Network Infrastructure technologies are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
3. Work with the Network Architect, Network Engineers, Systems Engineers and Systems Performance Engineers to ensure the appropriate technologies are monitored to provide event, incident and problem management.
4. Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in Network Infrastructure technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
5. Works with Network Infrastructure Technical Teams to engineer systems to accommodate the growth and integrity of the voice, data, and video networks using wireless, local and wide area networks while implementing best security practices.
6. Communicates effectively in order to provide optimal support of all departments’ Information systems needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
7. Provides Tier 2, 3 and Tier 4 support by responding to Help Desk requests from end-users; defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems. This support includes participating in the IS on-call rotation.
8. Troubleshoots problems with Network Infrastructure technologies and applications to provide resolution and root cause of issues.
9. Maintains knowledge of current technology.
10. Maintains current and orderly reference library, including working with Network Infrastructure technical teams to maintain up-to-date documentation and comprehensive inventory of all supported systems.
11. Works with technical support vendors to resolve systems issues and problems. Works closely with the Technical Teams and IS Manager to document levels of maintenance to include vendor contact, support contracts and or spare parts and or redundant system information and maintains the information monthly/quarterly and annually.
12. Helps define and maintain standards, procedures and policies relating to Network Infrastructure technologies for data, voice, video and messaging.
13. Implements Network Infrastructure technology projects. Effectively communicating system upgrades and downtimes while escalating issues within the organization as needed.
14. Helps the Information Services Manager prepare annual budgets.
15. Participates on the Production Quality Committee as needed.
16. Assist in the review of all Change Control Requests submitted by Network Services.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: BS in Computer Science or related technical degree require while an Associates degree with one to three years of Network Engineer experience is acceptable. Can be waived with 3 years or more of consummate related work experience as determined by Manager of Information Services.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Certifications within Cisco or similar products or systems are preferred.
3. Experience: One to Three years of Network Engineering using Cisco technologies..
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.