NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Network Infrastructure
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The IS Voice Engineer provides Tier 1 and 2 support in responding to users telephony (including mobile devices), faxing and voicemail issues. The IS Voice Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
1. To analyze, configure, install and maintain voice network endpoints and peripherals in support of the Medical Center functions.
2. Provides Tier 1 and 2 level support by responding to Help Desk requests from end-users; defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems and escalating issues as needed. This support includes participating in the IS on-call rotation.
3. Troubleshoots problems with the voice network systems and applications using tools such as Cisco RTMT.
4. Monitors voice communications network traffic and performance to isolate problems and provide capacity planning.
5. Maintains knowledge of current technology by attending training courses and seminars.
6. Maintains current and orderly reference library.
7. Works with technical support vendors to resolve system issues and problems.
8. Maintain standards and procedures for the installation and maintenance of voice network devices and peripherals.
9. Assist with developing procedures and policies for the protection of voice communications equipment.
10. To manage, maintain, support, troubleshoot and optimize mobile solutions presently in place while making suggestions and adjustments to future needs.
11. Monitor and track incidents and trouble calls in the IS problem management system in support of the incident and problem management process; recognize high priority tickets and respond within the expected time.
12. Updates all assigned tickets capturing troubleshooting activities through resolution and root cause.
13. Distribute enterprise applications for all supported mobile devices.
14. Maintains current and accurate corporate inventory system for all supported mobile devices.
15. Train end users on all supported mobile device technologies.
16. Manage and support the corporate Mobile Device Management System and environment.
17. Provide and generate comprehensive reports and metrics for corporate mobile devices.
18. Maintains data protection for all corporate data stored on corporate mobile devices.
19. Performs assessments and provides direction for the implementation of new mobile device technologies by reviewing requirements with the IS Director. Assists in setting priorities, schedules and tasks.
20. Communicates effectively to provide optimal support of the organization’s Information Technology needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate.
21. Helps the Information Services Manager prepare annual budgets.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required. (Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019 are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title(s) of IS Voice Engineer)
IS Voice Engineer: Tier I and 2 support for the enterprise Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) systems to include faxing and analog devices. Working knowledge of telephony specific product solutions and best practices including: network routers as related to voice, Cisco Voice Gateways and endpoints associated with Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM). Strong understanding of telephony protocols such as SIP, TCP/IP, H323, QoS, etc. and faxing protocols.
Licensure/Certifications: None preferred.
IS Voice Engineer-Mobile Communications: Strong working knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as AirWatch for implementing and maintaining corporate mobile devices. Strong working knowledge of provisioning software for IOS devices such as Ground Control and Apple Configurator. Strong customer service skills (communication, patience, attentiveness, product knowledge).
Licensure/Certifications: Certifications within Cisco or similar products or systems are preferred.
Reports to: Network Infrastructure Manager
3. Experience: Three years of maintaining Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) with moves, adds and changes.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!