NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Coordinator. The Environmental Services Trainer Lead cleans and services patient, public, departmental and administration areas maintaining a high
standard of cleanliness in all areas. The EVS Trainer Lead will also orient new hires into the department and ensure that all initial training policies and procedures are presented to and understood by all newly hired staff. The EVS Trainer Lead will also train all new hires on all cleaning standard work and ensure suitable proficiency in such.
Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting to designated area using the established policies and procedures to clean all rooms in assigned area.
2. Moves furniture to ensure that areas behind and underneath are kept clean.
3. Maintains a clean and well-organized service cart at all times.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of chemicals and safe use of equipment and reports any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
5. Returns double buckets to supply room daily.
6. Ensures that all solutions, chemicals, bottles and containers are clearly and correctly labeled.
7. Responsible for cleaning all discharges in assigned area daily.
8. Demonstrates an awareness and concern for the patient and their safety.
9. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
10. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team. Trains all new employees to be able to meet duties required by department in an efficient and satisfactory manner.
11. Assist with patient through put, using Epic and Versus to track and adjust changes as needed.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. Must be able to read and write the English language and follow instructions, both written and verbal.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: Two years successful housekeeping experience in motel or hospital setting.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!