NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - CT Scanner
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Modality Manager and Department Director, coordinates delivery of C.T. services by assigning technologists work, scheduling patients, checking quality of films, performs C.T. procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of neonate (0-28 days), infant (1-12 months), children (1-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years), adult (18-72 years) and geriatric (72+ years) patients. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines, based upon completion of initial training with appropriate documentation and on going annual competency assessment. The initial competency assessment should be done six months post training, and annually thereafter. For documentation of testing performed, see the Education/Training/Competency file for the individual employee.
1. Responsible for C.T. personnel schedules to include shift rotation, call and PDO.
2. Oversee the daily operation of the C.T. Department to ensure patients (neonates through geriatrics) are worked into schedule and covers the OP scanner when necessary.
3. Oversee all shifts. This will include working these shifts on a regular rotation to be determined by the Special Imaging Services Manager.
4. Responsible for training, counseling, teaching, and as appropriate, the discipline of employees in the C.T. section.
5. Checks quality of C.T. scans to be reviewed by Radiologists.
6. Act as liaison between Radiologists and Technologists.
7. Responsible for implementing and maintaining up-to-date scan protocols in conjunction with Radiologists.
8. Keep C.T. personnel abreast of protocol changes and updates.
9. Consults with Radiologists when problems arise with patient procedures.
10. Responsible for documentation of quality control indicators and scheduling equipment maintenance.
11. Serves in a recommending role for hiring personnel.
12. Collaborative with Manager on employee evaluations.
13. Meets with staff and promotes new and innovative ideas that could provide for better customer service.
14. Monitor water phantom data daily to ensure quality data.
15. Interact with other areas of the Radiology Department in order to provide optimal patient care.
16. Apprise and consult with Special Imaging Manager and other management staff regarding issues affecting patient care and well being and Radiology Department goals.
17. Performs Waived Test, Creatinine with I-Stat
18. Monitor, ordering and use of all supplies in the C.T. section to include contrast, needles, etc and ensure appropriate charging.
19. Strategic planning.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Advance Cert Comp Tomography
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Work requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a two-year radiologic technology program approved by the AMA.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Registered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Advanced registry in C.T. required.
3. Experience: Three to five years in a critical care Level II trauma center with management experience.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!