Admissions RN - Home Care - Skilled Nursing
This job posting is no longer active.
7864 Us Highway 117 South
Rocky Point, NC
Job ID: 4901
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: Home Care - Skilled Nursing
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Responsible for initiating home care services which includes establishing the patient’s plan of care.Responsible for providing direct patient care and working collaboratively with all disciplines to meet positive patient outcomes, customer service and financial management of home care patients.
- Assesses patient needs through the collection and interpretation of health care assessment data.
- Develops and ensures all patient plan of cares are appropriate to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Communicates information effectively to appropriate members of the multi-discipline health care team to facilitate continuity of care, documents communication.
- Responsible for the completion and timeliness of all home health documentation.
- Ensures all clinical records are in compliance with health care law, reimbursement guidelines, agency policy and accreditation standards.
- Obtains, clarifies, documents and reports physician orders as appropriate.
- Provides patient and caregiver teaching as appropriate per the plan of care.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Identifies discharge planning needs.
- Conducts admissions, and ROC’s as assigned.
- Conducts routine nursing visits as needed.
- Conducts supervisory visits when necessary to monitor home health aide performance.
- Responsible for the quality outcome scores of assigned patients.
- Responsible for the patient satisfaction scores of the assigned patients.
- Responsible for the financial management of all assigned admissions including insurance authorizations and meeting reimbursement requirements.
* Registered Nurse
* Drivers License Class C
Experience:Minimum of 1 year of acute care, home health or related experience required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!