NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Plant Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under supervision of the Maintenance Coordinator. Works independently or as part of a maintenance team. Receives instructions from Lead Mechanic or Maintenance Coordinator. Is responsible for performing general maintenance, PM’s, assembly, repairs and installation on all hospital systems and associated equipment (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical and architectural).
1. Read, understand and comply with facility and departmental policies and procedures including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job related safety precautions.
2. Performs all trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, architectural etc.) repairs and installations and assemblies. Prioritizes work by policy, customer needs and convenience schedules. Works as part of a maintenance team or independently.
3. Responds to utilities failures in accordance with policy, taking, if necessary, independent prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patient, visitors and other staff members.
4. Performs planned maintenance (PM’s) on required assigned equipment maintaining legible, accurate, organized records that can be easily interpret by others.
5. Obtains and prepares materials in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible. Maintains assigned tool inventory and clean organized work area.
6. Complies with all required educational programs. Maintains necessary records. Completes all required documentation and clerical work.
7. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to co-workers and customers to provide seamless feedback in reference to work request issues.
8. Assures all work is done in compliance with all applicable codes and any required permits are secured prior to start of job.
9. Provides instruction to, and fills in for, co-workers when necessary.
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Minimum of five years in specific or multi-trade work required. Experience in a hospital or health care facility preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!