NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Coordinator works under the direction of the Manager, Director or Designated Leader. Manages daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. Regularly performs the job duties of a licensed pharmacist to include all aspects of the pharmacy process. Is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The coordinator will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager(s). The pharmacist provides care based on established standards of care and expectations.
1. Responsible for shift or specialty team operations, ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2. Coordinates daily patient care activities, participates/leads daily department status huddles. Ensures that medications are prepared, dispensed and delivered in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of department staffing schedules.
4. May review Kronos daily as delegated by department Manager.
5. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets, may review productivity with the manager daily.
6. Understand and operate within the Inpatient Pharmacy budget for personnel and helps prepare budget variance reports as needed.
7. Participates as a member of the selection committee for open positions, which involves participating in interviews, training, and finding temporary coverage for the open position.
8. Actively contributes to the evaluation and continuous improvement of patient services, policies, and procedures.
9. Assists in daily huddles around communication boards.
10. Provides education to staff, tracks adherence of all mandatory education and assists with staff development.
11. May assist with performance appraisals and/or middle performer conversations as directed by the management team.
12. Coaches/Counsels and recognizes staff for job performance. Gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods.
13. Utilizes disciplinary action process following discussion with manager.
14. Participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits.
15. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: 2 years in hospital pharmacy or 1 year hospital residency. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!