Works under the supervision of the On-Site Coordinator and responsible for the supervision and delivery of room service, cafeteria, and catered meals. Works closely with co-workers and customers to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of room service, catering, cafeteria, and coffee cart. Expedites and oversees production, stocking, and delivering orders for room service. Covers call center, ala carte line, cafeteria, and coffee cart when needed.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Works as expediter on a la Carte line supervising the ala Carte cooks and cooks, as well as rest of operation. Expedites room service tickets to ensure timely and accurate delivery of meals to patients. Coordinating preparation, supervision, set-up, and delivery of food in the cafeteria and to patients from ala carte line. Accounts for and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of Dining Services equipment, supplies, and storage areas as well as orders and restocks.
3. Maintains a good working relationship with cafeteria customers, patients and their family members, team members and nurses, and accommodates service requests.
4. Able to cover and fill in for all positions of Dining Services to include: Ala carte cook, cook, call center, cashier, coffee cart, catering, and dish room.
5. Sets up and replenishes food and supplies for cafeteria meal service and Room Service. Oversees stocking and ordering of supplies for room service, cafeteria, and catering.
6. Cleans Dining Services equipment, furnishings, and spaces to maintain sanitation standards.
7. Serves/attends to customers courteously and without delay and immediately available.
8. Operates cash register according to departmental cash procedures, ensuring that all food items are accounted for, rung-up, and cash is collected or items are accurately charged.
9. Requisitions food and supplies maintaining appropriate stock levels of designated items such as napkins, cups, plastic wares, beverage items, and condiments.
10. Serves menu items using portion control.
11. Properly stores, labels, and dates all food products.
12. Posts menu board items and prices prior to meal service times.
13. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of designated areas such as register stands, beverage, and condiment areas, dining areas, expeditor line areas, and keeping area free of debris.
14. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
15. Trains all new employees to be able to meet duties required by department in an efficient and satisfactory manner.
16. Supervises the daily operation of cafeteria and patient room services.
* Drivers License Class C
* Associate Degree
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in business and/or culinary arts or commensurate experience preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Valid driver’s license preferred.
3. Experience: Three years in restaurant or institutional food service.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.