NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Dietary Coordinator and is responsible for the preparation and production of Menu items for Patients, Residents, Cafeteria and Catering Functions.
1. Review patient and resident menu and census to ensure that all menu selections for the current day are available for preparation and production in sufficient amounts and prepare a variety of foods, in various styles, while also maintaining the flavor, texture, and appearance of the products prepared.
2. Maintain the Cooking work areas in a neat and orderly manner. Ensures that all food preparation utensils are cleaned, sanitized, and stored properly insuring compliance with state and county health regulations and accreditation agency standards.
3. Ensures the proper temperature for cooking and holding foods and the proper safety and sanitation guidelines when handling and preparing food items.
4. Serves menu items using portion control.
5. Properly stores, labels, and dates all leftover food products.
6. Compile inventory of items in Food Storage areas, and gives to Food Service Coordinator or Department Manager prior to weekly order.
7. Delivers patient meal trays and food items to floors and units in a timely manner.
8. Records all refrigerators and dish machine temperature reporting any temperature discrepancy to proper person.
9. Fills the Bulk Nourishment and Evening nourishment (H.S. Snack) requests and deliver to units at prescribed times.
10. Performs dish washing tasks, cleans and sanitizes dish washing area put all dishes, trays, utensils, in proper areas for next meal service.
11. Cleans the dish machine and ensures that work area is clean, sanitized and at all items are stored in proper areas.
* General Education Degree
Experience: One year experience in institutional or restaurant cooking preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!