NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Volunteer Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Volunteer & Auxiliary Services to provide a coordinated patient, staff and visitor assistance program.
- Must be able to acquire a CDL license within 6 months from start date. No exceptions.
- Provides constant, positive public relations service for the hospital, providing rides from staff parking areas to main hospital, following prescribed route. Greets staff and visitors, providing appropriate assistance.
- Arrives at prescribed stops in a timely fashion. Waits for riders as appropriate and drops off at prescribed stops. May be called upon to respond to special ride requests that are in addition to prescribed route. Will fit appropriate requests into schedule, using good judgment to serve customers.
- If rider needs physical assistance getting on and off the van, offer appropriate level of assistance, without jeopardizing personal safety.
- Make sure all vans have gasoline and coordinate routine maintenance needs with the maintenance crew in facilities services.
- Call Company Police as needed to provide assistance to motorists in parking areas with dead batteries or any security concerns.
- Provide coverage for other van drivers when he/she is on PDO.
* Drivers License Class C
* High School Diploma
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Licensure/Certifications: NC Driver’s License required. Updated defensive driving course (DDC) required (provided by hospital Safety Services). NC Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) required within 6 months of start date.
Experience: Licensed driver for a minimum of 4 years, with no moving violations on license.
Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Able to drive large vehicle and maneuver through parking areas.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!