NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
3. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This may include prepackaging or assembly of medications for future dispensing.
5. Performs all basic operations of pharmacy automated systems
a. Including: Automated dispensing machine fulfilment, Central pharmacy automation fulfilment, and basic medication packaging automation
6. Demonstrates basic proficiency in pharmacy computer systems.
7. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
8. Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
9. Performs all basic operations in the outpatient pharmacy including basic prescription computer system skills, prescription fulfillment and operating the cash register if applicable to position.
10. Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* General Education Degree
Experience: Six months of healthcare experience OR Graduated, or will graduate within 30 days of hire, from an ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!