The Manager, Oncology Operations reports to the Administrator, Oncology Services. The Manager is accountable for administrative, clerical and support staffing, scheduling, fiscal and human resource management and daily operational flow of the oncology service line. This position participates in program development and strategic planning, service and operational excellence, and is responsible for process improvement activities to improve non-clinical patient and workflow. Provides operational oversight and support for direct staff, outsourced staff/programs, and staff placed in the service line by other hospital departments. Ensures departmental, medical center and other regulatory standards are met. Also provides administrative leadership and support for the CHA/CFCS-Brunswick location as well as for CFCS Physicians.
1. Responsible for daily business and non-clinical operations of the service line, including patient scheduling, registration, intake, referrals, authorizations; coordination of financial counseling and support services; cancer registry, follow-up, and tumor board support; ensuring that policies, practices, procedures and standards of performance are followed.
2. Coordinates with leadership across the oncology service line as well as in supporting departments such as patient access, patient financial services, revenue cycle and denials management, social work and pharmacy, to develop and coordinate patient and family centered processes to meet patient/family needs.
3. Develops departmental staffing schedules for operational requirements to ensure access to care processes are conducted properly, safely, and efficiently.
4. Participates in the interview and selection of staff for the department.
5. Assist in establishing, reviewing and maintaining administrative and support processes, policies, and procedures to meet all accreditation, ACOS, CoC and State regulatory agency standards.
6. Responsible for administrative oversight for CHA/Cape Fear Cancer Specialists – Brunswick, and coordinates with CHA leadership, in addition to the Administrator, Oncology Services, in this regard.
7. Responsible for administrative support for CHA/Cape Fear Cancer Specialists physicians, and coordinates with CHA leadership, in addition to the Administrator, Oncology Services, in this regard.
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelors degree in business or health related field required.
2. Licensure / Certifications: none.
3. Experience: Three to five years of supervisory experience in a healthcare environment required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.