NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Hanover Gastroenterology
Department: Ambulatory Surgery Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Responsible for the efficient operation of the ASC/Endoscopy department daily to include assessing, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinical services provided.
1. Collaborates with HR on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating endoscopy staff. 2. Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and documentation. 3. Provides direct supervision to nurses and technical staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patient health. Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues. Studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care problems. 4. Participates in Endoscopy Center planning related to clinical quality, infection control and life safety requirements. 5. Schedules and supports staffing to meet changing workload needs. 6. Provides professional and technical support to staff and troubleshoots 1) the delivery of patient care 2) issues with equipment and supplies. 7. Responds to requests from families and other concerned patients regarding patient care issues. Identifies training needs for staff and facilitates staff development. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of training, orientation, and education programs. 8. Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates quality assurance activities, ensuring regulatory compliance with standards, laws, regulations, and procedures. Recommends new and or revised policies and procedures to meet accreditation requirements. Prepares, documents, and leads quarterly Quality Improvement meetings. 9. Responsible for day to day operations and daily patient flow. 10. Identifies, reports error, and implements corrections and solutions in a written action plan. 11. Maintains acceptable work quantity (i.e. Productivity, organization, planning, and time management.) 12. Demonstrates commitment to mission, vision & values (compassion, diversity and inclusion, personal excellence, teamwork, and courage) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Education: Associates required. BSN preferred.
Licensure / Certifications: Current North Caroling RN License, Current BLS, ACLS preferred. Maintains CME requirements
Experience: Minimum 5 years of professional nursing experience including two years supervisory-level experience, preferably in ASC, OR, PACU, or any Critical Care setting.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!