NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
This position reports to the Manager/Field Operations Battalion Chief, but also works closely with the Performance Improvement Coordinator and Education Coordinator. The Field Training Officer (FTO) serves as a clinical role model and mentor. FTO’s precept students/new employees, provide education, participate on the P.I. Committee, complete ePCR audits, and perform field observations/evaluations to assess the delivery of pre-hospital patient care. When functioning as a Paramedic, demonstrates a high degree of proficiency and expertise.
1. Serves as a clinical role model and mentor. Precepts students during their EMS field education. Oversees new employees during the orientation process. Shares experience and knowledge through one-on-one interactions.
2. Evaluates patient care skills and then provides guidance as needed. Assures that departmental policies, protocols and procedures are followed. Completes all required documentation. Creates performance improvement plans as needed.
3. Serves on the P.I. Committee and completes ePCR audits as part of our EMS systems continuous quality improvement program. Conducts/participates in the annual competency exams.
4. Provides both didactic and clinical instruction to ensure optimal patient care and clinical competency.
5. Contributes input to clinical components of Staff Performance Evaluations in cooperation with Captain and Battalion Chief. Also works collaboratively in scheduling employee work rotations to meet clinical or training needs.
6. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution.
7. Acts in the capacity of a Staff Paramedic. Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to Staff Paramedic Job Description, NHREMS – Field Operations).
8. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department. Responds to patient complaints
10. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions.
11. Back-fills in Supervisory roles as needed.
12. Participates in the development of performance standards for the EMS staff.
* Drivers License Class C
* Nat'l Registr-EMT-Paramedic
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 2 years Paramedic experience with 1 year of service at NHRMC EMS. Educator/Preceptor experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!