NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Patient Accounts
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Coordinator, Patient Financial Services coordinates daily activities in support of the PFS Manager/Director in a variety of department operational tasks for a specific area of Patient Financial Service (payer for billing and collections and/or customer service, etc.). This position is accountable and responsible for assuring quality of patient accounts and providing support to the PFS Manager. The Coordinator tracks/ monitors employee productivity and work queues, provides updates on activities and monitors/maintains standard work. Assists with the development /revision of policy and procedures for the department. Participates in the training/education of staff in job duties. Coordinates the day-to-day work activities of the assigned area. Engages in ongoing communication with Manager/Director to ensure departmental goals and targets are met.
Responsible for coordinating daily operations, ensuring that policy, procedures and standard work are followed in providing the functions of the Patient Financial Services department
2. Coordinates daily activities, assists in the development of staff schedules, provides input for staff training/development.
3. Maintains and exercises the ability to perform all PAT job functions directly and indirectly relating to the specific area to work accounts daily and as needed.
4. Reviews staff productivity and provides required coaching and training to ensure peak performance and productivity standards are met. Takes appropriate actions to correct deficiencies.
5. Works with the PFS Manager/Director to address job performance/disciplinary issues.
6. Assists in completing annual performance evaluations. Participates in peer panels for selection of new personnel.
7. Assists the Manager in facilitating staff schedules to provide optimal staffing to ensure targets are achieved
8. Maintains a professional and leadership demeanor while representing the Medical Center.
9. Maintains courteous and cooperative working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Medical Center.
10. Resolves customer complaints, documents actions taken and notifies customer of outcome. Reports all customer complaints to the Director and Manager
* High School Diploma
Experience: 5 years patient accounting/health care finance experience, hospital experience preferred. Minimum of one year experience in a supervisory role or management required. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred for Customer Service area. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!