NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Systems Infrastructure
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Infrastructure Services to design, code, test, and analyze software code for specific and targeted projects. This includes proper management of the software lifecycle. The cloud developer will also create and maintain cloud infrastructure necessary to fulfill project requirements, including but not limited to serverless functions, virtual machines, databases, and CI/CD pipelines. The cloud developer will analyze and amend errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. Works independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to write high quality, secure code for use by Information Services, NHRMC, and the community we serve.
1. Design, conceptualize, develop, test, maintain, and improve original/existing software and cloud applications, including any necessary cloud infrastructure/tools. 2. Select tools confidently based on research and comparative analysis. 3. Research and document requirements of software users. 4. Plan phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects utilizing appropriate methodologies (i.e. agile) to meet customer requirements, deadlines, and deliverables 5. Implement best practices in every phase of the software lifecycle. 6. Document code to explain functionality and ease support. 7. Transfer development/DevOps knowledge to other members of the team/organization on a semi-regular basis. 8. Demonstrate good secrets-handling during each phase of the software lifecycle. 9. Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. 10. Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. 11. Research and recommend emerging software development methods, languages and platforms in support of development efforts. 12. Develop code utilizing security best practice and the latest methods of testing for security vulnerabilities. 13. Update code to improve usability, ensure security, and add new features as needed / requested. 14. Demonstrate standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support Access, Value and Health Equity. 15. Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor of Science
Education: Bachelor's degree required. (Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019, are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title of Software Developer)
Licensure / Certifications: None Required. AWS Cloud Practitioner preferred
Experience: Required: New graduate up to 5 years with demonstrated competence in software development based on code samples and previous projects / accomplishments. - Knowledge and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following: C++, C#, Java, node.js, Python or newer languages as well as Familiarity with React and React Native. - Strong understanding of client-server architectures. - Familiarity with cloud environments such AWS and Azure. - Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code and applicable tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc. - Basic understanding of DevOps. Demonstrates adaptability in this area and willingness to learn. - Experience with version control solutions such as Git. - Strong attention to detail. - Comfort with Agile and willingness to embody Agile principles. - Demonstrates strong desire to learn and implement new technologies. - Exemplary communication and team-related skills. - Understanding of database concepts and SQL.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!