Placement Specialist - NHRMC ED BHU
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4531
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC ED BHU
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Placement Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Behavioral Health Screening Registered Nurse and/or Emergency Department Behavioral Health Observation Unit Registered Nurse. They complete patient admissions to the Behavioral Health Hospital and/or the Emergency Department Behavioral Health Observation Unit, resource verification and advocacy for clients desiring access to clinical services in the community, and obtain psychiatric and substance abuse placements for patients at NHRMC Emergency Departments.
1. Triage and disposition all phone calls.
2. Completes all admission paperwork and provide admission information and education to patient and invested parties.
3. Obtains placement for voluntary and involuntarily committed patients at NHRMC, NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital and ED North Emergency Departments in need of psychiatric and substance abuse treatment.
4. Collaborates with physicians and other team members to obtain appropriate disposition or treatment.
5. Receives and triage admission referrals from outside agencies and outlying counties.
6. Accurately enter data and a myriad of health information into an array of programs/systems
7. Provides some de-escalation techniques to patients in crisis and provides direct care when needed.
8. Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal communication among multiple disciplines.
9. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with the hospital policy and procedures including shift report and SBAR techniques.
10. Organizes and prioritizes work and time in an ED setting to ensure effective and efficient patient flow.
11. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession.
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Previous psychiatric behavioral health experience required. An internship with Behavioral Health patients during baccalaureate degree studies may be considered as experience; New graduates from a baccalaureate degree psychology program may be considered at the discretion of the manager. Previous inpatient psychiatric technician experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!