Cashier-CHA - NHMG Administration
5145 South College Rd
Job ID: 4561
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG Administration
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general direction of the Business Office Supervisor. Responsible for collecting appropriate monies from patients at time of service. This person is also responsible for entering appropriate charges as indicated by providers on encounter forms.
Accurately identify charges as indicated by providers on encounter forms to collect appropriate co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles. Collect any outstanding monies due on accounts
2. To review encounter forms to ensure they are ready for scanning, to include removing errant marks, bubble in CPT and/or ICD-9 codes, accurately bubble in co-pays
3. Accurately valance and prepare daily deposits Process credit card transactions
4. Assist data processing staff with shredding and shred extra unused copies of encounter forms to maintain patient confidentiality
5. Route patients to the business office who require individual attention on their accounts
6. Identify patients listed in the daily obituaries and properly update their accounts and process charts to providers
7. Greet patients as they enter building and assit in routing to correct area
8. Identify any insurance information that has not been properly updated and assist patients routing to appropriate are for their information to be updated correctly
9. Provide coverage for telephone operator as directed by supervisor
10. Forward any patient complaints or concerns to Business Office Supervisor
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: One year of patient service experience in a health care organization preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!