Group Support Facilitator - Intensive Cardiac Rehab
1415 Physicians Drive
Job ID: 4550
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Intensive Cardiac Rehab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.300000
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 6HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Group Support Facilitator is responsible for implementing the love and support element of the Program and facilitating the power of connection within each cohort. The Group Support Facilitator monitors the response of each participant to the group support process, and models active listening within the groups and with the Program delivery team. The Group Support Facilitator actively participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan to ensure the quality and clinical effectiveness of the Program, and the safety of each participant. Facilitates the Program delivery team’s transdisciplinary development process.
1. Participates in the screening of participants and evaluates psychosocial surveys to ensure appropriate and successful group participation.
2. Facilitates and delivers the group support portion of the program as trained per guidelines and protocol.
3. Provides support to participants in developing the skills necessary for integrating lifestyle changes into daily life.
4. Monitors group support adherence for all participants and provides additional explanation of guidelines on an individual basis as needed.
5. Attends and participates in weekly team meetings/case conferences.
6. Participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan for each participant.
7. Participates in the monitoring, documentation, and communication of the participant’s response to the interdisciplinary treatment plan throughout the program.
8. Personally models the program by embodying its principles, philosophy and practices.
9. Facilitates a high level of participant satisfaction.
10. Complies with HIPAA privacy and patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
11. Attends and participates in mandatory monthly element specialist calls hosted by the Ornish National Training Center.
12. Provides educational in-service as necessary.
13. Provides support to Ornish Alumni Community as needed.
* Licensed Clinical Soc Wkr
* Licensed Prof Counselor
* Masters Degree
* Masters of Social Worker
1. Education: Master’s Degree in psychology or social work, or master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Licensed psychologist, licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), or other mental health professional (Licensed Professional Counselor, LMFT, etc.) with state licensure or state approval. Current BLS licensure required (may complete within 30 days of hire and maintain thereafter)
3. Experience: Minimum of three years of related clinical experience. Experience with cardiac patients preferred. Group counseling experience preferred. Experience in wellness promotion, community health, lifestyle management and/or wellness preferred. Familiarity working with psychosocial issues that may arise when making lifestyle changes preferred. Computer literacy. Excellent public speaking and communication skills; knowledge of adult education and coaching skills.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!