NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Staff Paramedic provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups. Develops a plan of care for each patient that is consistent with approved treatment protocols, policies and procedures. Responsible for the operation of emergency vehicles.
1. Collaborates with team to initiate a plan of care based on patient assessment and significant other input/data. Continuously reviews and revises plan as needed per patient’s condition. Maintains thorough patient care documentation. 2. Operates and maintains the vehicle in a safe, efficient manner, obeying all traffic laws. Properly inspects the vehicle and medical supplies/equipment. Initiates appropriate actions based on inspections. Maintains ambulance in a continuous state of readiness. 3. Completes daily base duties as well as all mandatory education/training. Stays current with NHRMC and department specific communications (i.e. emails, staff meetings, communication boards, etc.) 4. Promotes team effort and unity when working with Regional Transfer Center, NHRMC, other NHRMC departments, external public safety agencies and other health care providers. 5. Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and profession 6. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently, completing all paperwork within required time frames. 7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA and CAP guidelines 8. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department. Responds to patient complaints. 9. Will serve as the primary back up to the NHEMS Field Operations Division. 10. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 11. May participate in clinical care to scope of practice within NHRMC Emergency Departments under Medical Direction of attending physician and established protocols. 12. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Drivers License Class C
* PreHospital Trauma LifeSupport
* Nat'l Registr-EMT-Paramedic
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Successful completion of an approved Paramedic program. 2. Licensure / Certifications: North Carolina Paramedic or Nationally Registered Paramedic. Current NC Paramedic required to perform direct patient care. BCLS, ACLS, PALS prior to hire PHTLS/ITLS required within 90 days. Current driver’s license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. Completion of National Registry Paramedic is expected within 2 years of hire. 3. Experience: Prefer at least one-year experience with a paid EMS provider at the Paramedic level.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!