Working under the supervision of the manager, the Practice Administrator, the Coordinator Patient Experience takes on the spot the supervisory role in ensuring the best possible experience for our patients. This includes regularly participating in leadership rounding on patients, Responsible ensuring that front line staff adhere to the NHRMC PG Standards of Performance, additionally serving as the front desk supervisor point person, stepping in to perform all duties of the front line staff when needed. The Coordinator of Patient Experience is expected to participate in staff counsel and must have the leadership ability to make decisions and solve problems.
Responsibility I: NHRMC Standards of Performance
• Ownership – responsible for all outcomes of efforts and actions
• Teamwork – demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers and to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department efficiently by acting as a team player and working well with others
• Communication – acknowledge patients and co-workers, listen attentively while maintaining eye contact and speaking to them directly and respectfully
• Compassion – Be an advocate for patients, families and teammates. Show them you care and always follow up.
Responsibility II: Daily Preparation / Check-in
• Maintains reception area, to include waiting room
• Verifies insurance eligibility
• Prints all encounter forms for each day appointments
• Ensures that all patients are greeted in a timely manner, using AIDET and key words at key times
• Provide necessary forms to new patients, updates information on existing patients, reviews for accuracy and scans/copies all insurance cards. Notifies the clinical staff when the patient is ready
• Through leadership daily rounding, monitors waiting rooms and communicates wait times to patients
• Responsible for applying information on all insurance plans, correctly identifying and entering FSC into IDX
• Collects co-pays and logs them appropriately at the time of check in
• Contact patients by telephone to communicate scheduling information within established time frames
o New patients reminder telephone calls are made within 24 hours of scheduled appt
o Patients who are “no-show” are called within 24 hours of their missed appt
o New patient referrals are contacted within 24 hours to schedule first appt
• Pulls charts for nurses to prepare for patients visits, if applicable
• Appropriately documents all non essential personnel coming on site in the log book
• Organizes check-in/check-out tasks, coordinates workflow patterns and serves as a senior resource for issues and concerns presented by patients/customers. Deescalates situations and problem solves proactively without intervention from leadership.
Responsibility III: Check Out
• Ensures that patients have all information and questions answered about their health and treatments received, to include future appointments
• Ensures encounter forms are completed and tracked accordingly with office schedule
• Obtain any required prior authorizations for patient if being referred for outside services, ie. Radiology, surgery, laboratory, pharmaceuticals
• Completes all documentation for observation, planning and evaluation of care provided to patients
Responsibility IV: Clerical / Administrative
• Process medical records requests
• Open and process any mail and distribute accordingly as well as delivering packages marked “refrigerate” immediately to clinical personnel
• Maintains filing, charting, faxing and all other clerical functions as required
• Answers telephones in a polite manner, makes appointments and takes messages
• Prepares and processes correspondences
• Rolls phones according to schedule
• Assists in the daily reconciliation of the change fund and deposit
Responsibility V: General Practice Duties
• Participates in short-range planning, professional development of staff, goal setting, development and completion of action plans, works with manager and director in development of strategic plans.
• Must have physical exam and annual TB skin testing
• Identifies and orders supplies as needed
• Plays a key role in on-boarding and training of new staff as needed as is willing to cross train to cover additional needs of the practice
• May review Kronos daily as directed by Practice Administrator
• Provides input on departmental budget and reviews practice purchasing.
• Participates daily in leadership rounding on patients, staff, providers and waiting areas.
• Assists and fills in as lead in daily huddles.
• Assist with performance appraisals and/or middle performer conversations.
• Coaches, counsels and recognizes staff for job performance. Gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods.
• Utilizes disciplinary action process following discussion with practice leadership.
• Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees and staffing needs.
• Leads and participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits.
• Coordinates workflow patterns and serves as the on the spot supervisor for issues and concerns presented by patients/customers. Deescalates situations and problem solves proactively without intervention from leadership.
• In depth knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, PHI, HIPAA as well as other State and Federal regulations pertaining to health insurance statutes
• Ability and flexibility to cover various medical offices when needed
• Responsible for overseeing cash management protocols and ensuring that front line staff is accurate in all cash management functions. Performs leadership audits as required in the Annual Compliance Plan.
• Adheres to company policy on continuing education programs, i.e. Annual HIPAA training
• Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by director and wears picture identification badge, 100% of the time
* High School Diploma
Experience: At least 5 years previous medical office experience working within a patient registration, reception or billing role. Previous Supervisory experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.