Environmental Svc Asst - PMH - Environmental Services
This job posting is no longer active.
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 4467
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the EVS Coordinator. Follows established policies and procedures to coordinate and ensure proper completion of all Environmental Services functions in order to maintain a high quality of appearance and cleanliness for all patients, staff and visitors.
1. Completes all cleaning duties in assigned work area.
2. Delivers and retrieves linen in proper amounts (Par Level).
3. Maintains floors in all assigned areas.
4. Collects and disposes used medical waste or biohazard materials.
5. Keeps work area safe at all times for all customers.
6. Adheres to infection control policies while working/cleaning.
7. Follows isolation protocols for cleaning and sanitizing patient rooms, and other service locations using the 7 step cleaning procedure.
8. Complies with accreditation standards and other regulatory agency guidelines.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Prior experience in housekeeping preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!