Gift Shop Buyer/Merchandiser - Auxiliary Department
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4470
Date Posted: Jun 16, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Auxiliary Department
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Auxiliary Gift Shops Operations Manager. Responsible for buying all merchandise, arranging vendors for special sales and inventory control for NHRMC Auxiliary’s 3 gift shops.
1. Attend buying shows, contact wholesale vendors and employ all typical methods for buying gift shops merchandise.
2. Assist Inventory Coordinator and manage the logistics of merchandise delivery, display and sale.
3. Coordinate and schedule buying trips and appointments with vendors to select and purchase merchandise.
4. Must utilize and demonstrate exceptional computer input skills in reports and data analysis; manage inventory based on monthly shrink reports.
5. Plan and organize sale events and new projects.
6. Direct storage and displays.
7. Oversee preparation of invoices for payments. Works with Auxiliary accountant to assure accuracy and flow of account information.
8. Organize, schedule, and assist with the annual inventory.
9. Plan and order appropriate seasonal decorations and displays to maximize merchandise sales.
10. Research to assure that we have best vendors and getting the best discounts available.
11. Input in budget process in conjunction with Auxiliary Finance Committee.
12. Maintain appropriate education and be a member in good standing with gift shop trade organizations.
13. Promote positive customer relations within the Medical Center.
* High School Diploma
Experience: 3-5 years in buying, merchandise and retail sales; ability to predict and monitor trends. Ability to use the personal computer, inventory scanners, and manage a complex inventory and POS system. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!