Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Clinical Outcomes
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The Bariatric Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Manager, Clinical Outcomes. The Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Bariatric program, including the BOLD (Bariatric Outcomes Longitudinal Database) database for NHRMC. Demonstrates leadership skills with knowledge and application of Bariatric rules, regulations, program development, quality improvement, and educational programming. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and to be self-directed. Must have sound organizational skills, problem-solving ability, and communication skills.
The Bariatric Program Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of the Bariatric Program assuring program meets all requirements. The Coordinator duties include patient education, patient support group meetings and staff education. Regularly performs the job duties of a registered nurse to include all aspects of the nursing process. Is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The coordinator has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The coordinator will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department including weekend and holiday coverage.
1. Responsible for day to day operations of the Bariatric program including, but not limited to effective operation, ongoing assessment and improvement of the Bariatric surgery product line.
2. Participates in the strategic planning process including identification and implementation of opportunities for growth within the Bariatric surgery product line.
3. Responsible for the overall structure of the Bariatric surgery program including achieving and maintaining accreditation as a Center of Excellence from the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and other credentialing bodies as deemed appropriate.
4. Enters all patient data (preop, operative, postoperative and adverse events into the BOLD American College of Surgeons Database. Uses BOLD data to measure outcomes program, assures BOLD consent is in permanent record
5. Prepares capital budget for Bariatric service re: equipment.
6. Reviews cost of care and report to Bariatric director/Bariatric committee.
7. Oversees selection of personnel including orientation and continuing education of staff.
8. Leads and/or attends support groups for all Bariatric surgeons. Plans agenda for support groups, procures speakers and assures attendance is recorded.
9. Develops and implements, with input from interdisciplinary sources, policies and procedures to guide and support the program.
10. Identifies, develops and implements educational programs to meet the needs of hospital and center staff.
11. Identifies, develops and implements educational programs to meet the needs of Bariatric surgery patients.
12. Represent Bariatric service line at NHRMC sponsored health fairs.
13. Initiates physician outreach activities to promote the Bariatric surgery product line.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required: either through an AD, Diploma or BSN program.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. BCLS required and certification in departmental specialty preferred.
3. Experience: 2 – 4 yrs in OR with 1 yr. Specializing in Bariatric Surgery.