Novant Health is seeking a remarkable Manager of Endoscopy, who will be working at New Hanover Regional Medical Center, in the beautiful Coastal Carolina region.
The Manager of Endoscopy has 24-hour accountability for patient care provided on the nursing unit and unit operations. The role maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care, is accountable for staffing, scheduling, managing unit operations, fiscal management, and human resource management. The Endoscopy Manager provides input into strategic planning and budget development, is responsible for customer service excellence, as well as for patient outcomes based on best practices and research.
- Responsible for daily operations, ensuring policies, practices, procedures, and standards of performance are followed.
- Coaches staff utilizing success principles, best practices, and research in planning performance improvement goals for the unit, performs annual performance assessments, evaluates staff education, and facilitates attendance for continuing education, including clinical competence, compliance, and organizational initiatives, as well as develops departmental schedules to provide staffing that meets patient care and operational requirements.
- Implements the principles of coaching for success, provide staff recognition and create an environment to retain and facilitate staff development.
- Maintains current knowledge of management theories and annually attends leadership education classes.
- Maintains clinical expertise and competence in their area of responsibility and maintains clinical skills by providing patient care at regular intervals.
- Communicates and shares information with staff in monthly staff meetings, leads patient care conferences, and participates in planning effective care to meet patient’s goals for transfer/discharge.
- Participates on unit governance councils and supports staff attendance to shared governance councils including Nursing Congress.
- Assesses external and internal customer satisfaction through regular rounding with physicians, staff and patients, and has daily responsibility for throughput challenges and the appropriate placement of patients.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in appropriate state required (BSN or higher preferred).
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience in nursing (RN), with at least two (2) years of progressive management experience required.
- Previous procedural experience in surgery or endoscopy in a hospital or freestanding surgical facility for at least two (2) years required.
ABOUT NOVANT HEALTH - NEW HANOVER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (NHRMC)
New Hanover Regional Medical Center was established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, and is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
Make healthcare remarkable. Apply now.