Support Associate III - Surgical Services
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4361
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Surgical Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the OR Manager and the schedule facilitator. The Support Associate III assists the OR Charge Nurse in facilitating the effective flow of the surgical schedule performing appropriate clerical and communication tasks.
1. Answers telephone, recording accurate information on added/ emergency cases.
2. Communicate to charge nurse, anesthesia staff and OR staff nurse pertinent information.
3. Functions as an integral part of the communication source for the nursing unit.
4. Records & retrieves data, reports and other information into HED, HSM and PHS as appropriate.
5. Greets patients, visitors and others on their arrival in the department.
6. Assists in the education of new Control Desk personnel.
7. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services and staffing needs.
8. Manages multiple priorities and provides clerical support to scheduling facilitator at the Control Desk.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 1 year clerical experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!