NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Medical Staff
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe; hybrid, with partial telecommuting and partial onsite working arrangements.
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
This position supports the department structure of the Medical Staff organization and it's processes including all aspects of credentialing, reappointments and privileging; compliance to Medical Staff Bylaws, policies and rules and regulations. Reviews and screens highly sensitive credentialing related information and provides summary and guidance. Provides information to the Credentials Committee regarding providers requests for appointment and reappointment as well as members’ changes of status, e.g. LOA’s, changes of sponsors and resignations. Acts as liaison and provides administrative support to department chairs in managing operations and ongoing communication.
1. Responsible for the accurate and efficient completion of information for department chairs, and the Credentials and Allied Health Provider committees consideration for appointments, reappointments, privileges, expanded privileges, changes of status, changes of sponsors, and resignations of Medical Staff members and Allied Health Professionals.
2. Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory laws, internal bylaws, policies, procedures and rules and regulations in order to provide guidance to dept chairs and ensure compliance.
3. Utilizes communication tools to assist dept chair and the organization in ongoing, timely and relevant communication.
4. Maintains and updates database information.
5. Generates letters/communication pertinent to privileges, appointments and reappointments process once approved by the appropriate board or committee.
6. Works in conjunction with department chairs in all aspects of meetings including schedules and minutes.
7. Generates routine and special reports using a variety of computer applications.
8. Maintains/assists with filing.
9. Responds appropriately to internal and external customers.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Associates degree with 6 months of experience in a medical staff services professional role or 3 years of experience working in a medical staff services professional role in lieu of an Associates degree.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None. Certification as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) is preferred.
3. Experience: See education
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!