NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager. Assists in the various activities of the Pharmacy Department. Directly supervises the pharmacy technicians and is accountable for managing the day to day activities of the technical staff, providing staff development, and evaluating the level of technician performance.
1. Provides leadership to the technical support team of the Pharmacy Department. Demonstrates standards of
performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that supports patient satisfaction and
principles of service excellence.
2. Holds technician meetings monthly. Develops agenda and minutes. Assesses and follows up on issues
appropriately with documentation as needed.
3. Reviews medication area inspections to ensure monthly completion. Updates medication area inspection
assignments. Documents and follows up on non-compliance.
4. Actively contributes to the planning and achievement of departmental goals and objectives including new
pharmacy services involving pharmacy technicians and continuous improvement of patient services,
policies, and procedures.
5. Understands and operates within the Pharmacy budget.
6. Provides orientation to new employees and oversees the pharmacy technician training program. Reviews
policies, procedures, and standard work with new pharmacy technicians. Develops mandatory annual
education and competency curriculum for pharmacy technicians as directed by the Manager.
7. Monitors all relevant performance behavior, sometimes on a daily basis. Provides feedback for any
coaching/disciplinary actions if needed. Provides feedback to Manager for Performance Evaluations for the
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Baccalaureate Degree or completion of an ASHP- accredited Pharmacy Technology Program is preferred.
2. Licensure/Certificate: National Pharmacy Technician Certification is required. Registration with the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy upon acceptance of position.
3. Experience: 5-years Hospital Pharmacy Technician experience required. Must be proficient as a Pharmacy Technician. Minimum of 1-year experience in a supervisor/leadership role preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!