NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the President. Performs a wide variety of confidential secretarial/assistant duties requiring tact and professionalism in all contacts and highly skilled organizational abilities in handling the flow of work. Has direct contact with all members of the leadership team and provides support for the Board of Trustees and Medical Staff.
1. Provides assistance and performs duties for the President, Medical Staff and Board of Trustees to ensure an efficient, cost-effective operation using independent judgment and discretion in various confidential issues.
2. Performs a wide variety of typing assignments correctly and appropriately, i.e., administrative reports, call and meeting calendars, performance improvement dashboard, memos and minutes. Copies and distributes the documents to appropriate parties.
3. Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems. Gathers and maintains newspaper articles and other historical data pertaining to the Hospital. Gathers statistical materials including the daily census logs and completes surveys as requested
4. Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointments and performs other duties related to maintaining the President's and Finance Officer’s schedule.
5. Arranges for meetings, ensures room set up, equipment and food, when appropriate.
6. Prepares for Board of Trustees, Medical Staff and Leadership meetings by informing attendees of the scheduled meetings, assembling and distributing information and attending the meeting to record minutes.
7. Accepts and effectively fulfills, with a positive attitude, additional responsibilities as assigned.
8. Treats all matters relating to the Hospital in a confidential manner and has considerable knowledge and judgment regarding Hospital and departmental regulations, procedures and individual endeavors of supervision. Makes decisions on minor administrative matters.
* General Education Degree
* Associate Degree
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduate of a two-year secretarial/executive program or Associates degree in Business or related field preferred.
2. Licensure/Certificate: None required.
3. Experience: Three years experience in an administrative assistant role. Prior experience in healthcare preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!