NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Hanover Gastroenterology
Department: Ambulatory Surgery Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Assists physicians and RNs during endoscopy procedures, cleaning, assembly of equipment, ordering and stocking supplies, transporting of patient. Prepares compiles and maintains patient records. Performs other duties as assigned by RN Supervisor.
1. Assists physicians and RNs during endoscopic, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Prepares, assembles, and cleans scopes, instruments, equipment, rooms for procedures according to established protocols.
3. Performs routine clerical functions and data entry in scheduled procedures, filing procedure data and ensuring accuracy of patient identification.
4. Communicates in a positive and effective manner with members of the department and health care team.
5. Performs other tasks as identified by the RN or supervisor.
6. Transports specimen as needed.
7. Maintains acceptable work quantity i.e. productivity, organization, planning and time management.)
8. Maintains area as cost effectively as possible.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* Cert Surgical Technician
* High School Diploma
Experience: 2 years experience in an Endoscopy physician’s office, outpatient department or hospital; 1 year experience in hospital or physician office setting as a transporter, aide or other patient care related duties. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!