NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Financial Reporting
What You'll Do
Reporting to Director of Financial Reporting, the Manager of Financial Reporting oversees accounting staff in general ledger and capital asset areas. This role is the primary contact for VP/Controller in absence of Director of Financial Reporting.
Responsibilities include overall checks and balances for department functions, completion of financial reports relating to internal and external financial statements and financial reports to Administration and the Board of Trustees, including key operating indicators and financial analysis. Financial reporting responsibilities for the Novant Health – New Hanover System include Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center individually as well as consolidated financial reporting.
- Oversees the functions of the general ledger and capital asset accounting staff in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manages the preparation and performs review of general ledger account reconciliations completed by general ledger and capital asset accounting staff.
- Participates in financial audits, including the preparation of client assistance workpapers and responding to inquiries from external auditors.
- Collaborates with and provides oversight to outsourced accounting of Physician Group, including GL, reconciliation, capital assets, allowances and physician compensation.
- Responsible for Capital Asset accounting function and team.
- Assists VP, Controller and Director of Financial Reporting with departmental and organization policies and procedures as needed.
- Performs account analysis on accounts, including those requiring estimates for financial reporting including but not limited to analysis of A/R provisions and allowances, and other contingency reserves; investigates and resolves variances.
- Leads the transition team on all physician group practice acquisitions and start-ups for Fiscal Services.
- Designs the implementation plan and coordinates subcommittee meetings to ensure a smooth integration.
- Super user for department on Lawson setup, maintenance and application issues. Responsible for maintenance of Asset Management, General Ledger and Projects and Activities Modules in Lawson. Primary contract for other Lawson super users across the organization regarding fiscal services systems. Responsible for system closing/posting functions for month and year end. Liaison to Epic team – provides G/L strings for all transactions (at go-live or when new transactions arise).
- Responsible for the professional development and training of general ledger and capital asset accounting staff.
- Performs numerous related duties, assists others as needed and performs special assignments when requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Masters Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (MBA), or related field preferred
- Five (5) years industry experience, with at least two (2) years of prior supervisory experience required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills related to communications, both internal and external and both written and oral.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software packages including, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to prepare financial statements, graphs, flow charts, data presentation, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in healthcare setting in large organization is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with Infor (or similar ERP) Software preferred.
Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
|Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!|
Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
HealthGrades Outstanding Patient Experience