NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Department: SEAHEC Grants & State Approp
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Regional Nursing Clinical Education Specialist is responsible and accountable for supporting and/or facilitating the ongoing educational needs of regional nurses and the RN Refresher Program for the SEAHEC region
1. Assesses the educational needs of regional nurses and members of Allied Health from a variety of clinical settings. Actively participates in planning and implementing continuing professional development programs (CPD) and collaborates with other health and/or human services disciplines in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of interdepartmental, interagency, and/or interdisciplinary CPD activities 2. Enforces adherence to accreditation guidelines and assists in maintaining accreditation status by serving as a nurse planner, and if needed, leader of a planning team, ensuring adherence to specific credit requirements for accredited programs. 3. Coordinates the RN Refresher Program for the SEAHEC region which includes but is not limited to: Interviewing and screening potential RN Refreshers for the program, assisting in coordinating enrollment of Refreshers in the UNC didactic program, responsible for coordinating the140 hour precepted experience, when required, for the Refresher Nurse. Obtains and maintains program documentation for each Refresher. Oversees preceptor for clinical as well as the clinical experience itself, actively seeks new clinical site affiliations and maintains these agreements. Maintains Refresher files for data collection in a confidential manner as well as prepares RN Refresher annual reports and grant applications. Maintains and oversees budget for RN Refresher program and attends NC AHEC RN Refresher Committee meetings representing the SEAHEC region. 4. Assists with facilitating NC AHEC sponsored grants as well as other NC AHEC Initiatives as needed under the direct supervision of the Manager of Regional Continuing Nursing Education and the Director of Continuing Education. 5. Maintains a current clinical knowledge base and reviews current literature to demonstrate personal and professional excellence by meeting requirements for continued licensure, current knowledge in CPD technology, evaluation, meeting planning, professional development activities and computer skills. 6. Collaborates with other members of the Continuing Professional Development Team to enhance learning for nursing and the interdisciplinary team within the region. 7. Maintains a current knowledge base related simulation education. Maintains equipment, supplies, and database related to simulation classes and labs as offered through SEAHEC. 8. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support customer satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 9. Attends meetings and functions as assigned by state office, regional referrals, academic centers, and community associations 10. Serves on State and Regional Committees as directed
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelor of Science
Education: BS in Nursing or related field required.
Licensure/Certifications: North Carolina State Board of Nursing. BLS certification required.
Experience: Three years acute care nursing, preferably in clinical specialty. Experience as clinical educator or in a teaching role preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!