NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Medical Records
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
As a self-directed, motivated staff member with excellent communication and organizational skills, effectively performs and coordinates the activities of release of information from patients’ medical records. Works in high profile position having frequent communications with patients, physicians’ offices, attorneys, law enforcement officials and third party payors. Works under the general direction of Health Information Management (HIM Coordinator). Ensures responses to requests for medical information are based on internal policy, North Carolina Statutes, licensing standards and federal regulations. Responsible for record filing, storage and retrieval, medical record analysis/reanalysis and document prepping, scanning, and indexing.
1. Performs daily reconciliation of discharge records for accountability.
2. Retrieves and tracks patient medical records and prepares records for off-site storage.
3. Preps, scans, and indexes the electronic medical record and examines pages to verify patient identification on each page.
4. Files appropriate documents in patient’s chart.
5. Review, file and follow up on all medical/surgical inpatient and outpatient records. Files documents in patient medical records.
6. Greets customers and assists with requests of information
7. Enters daily data of all emergency department and outpatient charts for coding as needed.
8. Promptly performs quantitative record analysis and reanalysis on paper, and electronic medical records, assigning deficiencies in CPSI to be completed by physicians and other health care professionals. Follows up with physicians to ensure completion in a professional manner.
9. Maintains cooperative and harmonious relationships with professional staff, co-workers, and other areas of contact.
10. Processes requests for release of information adhering to policy/guidelines and regulations.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School diploma required. Preference will be given to the candidate with an Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology. Computer knowledge/training required. Medical terminology preferred.
2. Licensure: Prefer RHIT.
3. Experience: Two years medical record experience preferred. Electronic Medical Record experience preferred. Basic Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!