The Administrative Coordinator works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or Administrator. This position provides support to the Manager in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. This role includes responsibilities for disciplinary actions, performance reviews and the hiring process. The Administrative Coordinator maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The Administrative Coordinator has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Administrative Coordinator will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager. This is to include weekends and holiday coverage.
1. Responsible for daily operations ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2. Manages patient throughput daily to ensure safe placement of patients in the right bed the first time.
3. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets.
4. Assists in the development of department staffing schedules; reviews Visionware daily and makes appropriate staffing adjustments to meet staffing targets.
5. Reviews and edits timekeeping and scheduling systems daily.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills when rounding daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas and addresses any issues and concerns as they arise.
7. Ensures education is provided to staff as needed, assists in tracking adherence to all mandatory education and assists with staff development.
8. Coaches/counsels and recognizes staff for job performance; gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods.
9. Issues disciplinary action following discussion with Manager.
10. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to ensure achievement of quality goals.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and interdisciplinary projects.
12. Leads patient care conferences and ensures active participation by all team members.
13. Participates in and assists the Manager with staff meetings and daily huddles.
14. Coordinates with staff and physicians to ensure key items, equipment, supplies etc. are available as needed.
15. Works closely with Manager in the hiring process to ensure the BBI process is properly utilized, all hiring policies are followed and the most qualified candidates are hired.
16. In cooperation with the Manager, is responsible for ensuring that staff evaluations are done on time.
17. Participates or delegates chart audits, quality reports and other department oversight responsibilities as they arise.
18. Exhibits the ability to problem-solve, appropriately confront issues and motivate others both individually and as a group.