NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Planning& Business Development
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The manager of business operations for the Business Analysis and Planning department serves as an internal consultant to Novant Health leadership in support of growth, access, and market and service line development related initiatives. This role is expected to act as a dedicated thought partner in order to promote strategic thinking through the development of short and long-term strategic plans that support organizational and market goals. The manager of business operations for Business Analysis and Planning will provide deliverables ranging from market research, environmental and feasibility assessments, SWOT and gap analyses, business plans and program evaluations. They will be a detail-oriented critical thinker with strong communication skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data in a way that drives the organization to action.
Please note this position can be worked remotely. Must be able to work remotely in one of the following states: VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, MI, and MO.
1. Serves as an internal consultant in support of growth, access, and market and service line development related initiatives: • Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect; practices with an inquiring mind in order to understand the “why” behind a project. • Understands and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; makes the vision shareable by everyone and in all settings. Exhibits a keen sense about managing the creative process of others; is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions are feasible. • Probes all viable sources for answers; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others cannot; can simplify complex processes. 2. Advises leaders in strategic thinking and planning related processes: • Can work comfortably with senior leaders; can present to senior leaders without undue tension and nervousness. • Thinks globally; can easily pose future scenarios. • Can facilitate effective idea generating and decision-making techniques; can project how potential ideas may play out in the real world. 3. Serves as a trusted team resource: • Can effectively project manage, market and/or system level initiatives with support and guidance from leadership, in a team environment to ensure project initiative and decision timelines are being met. • Comfortable serving as an educational resource in both formal and personal mentoring situations. • Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of team members; builds appropriate rapport; empowers others; brings other key subject matter experts to the table when appropriate. 4. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies specific to business functions of assigned area
* Masters of Business Admin
* Masters of Health Admin
Education: MBA/MHA or other related field required
Licensure / Certifications: None
Experience: 5+ years related experience, healthcare industry experience preferred
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS Expert level knowledge, skills, and abilities required: • Technical Skills o Ability to evaluate and make strategic recommendations by analyzing and interpreting large, disparate sets of data. o Ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities; successfully manage multiple priority projects simultaneously; and take direction from, or support, multiple leaders. o Decision-making, project leadership and consultation skills. • Other Skills o Knowledge of the healthcare environment. o Embraces teambuilding and possess interpersonal relationship skills. o Ability to be a team player, work in matrix environment, contribute to a positive working environment, and demonstrate initiative, ownership and accountability. o Understanding of customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations. o Strong written and verbal communication skills o Willingness to learn.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!