Colon Cancer Screener-CHA - Hanover Gastroenterology
This job posting is no longer active.
1520 Physicians Dr
Job ID: 4053
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Hanover Gastroenterology
Department: Hanover Gastroenterology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 8A-5P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Responsible for performing thorough telephone screening of patients requiring a colonoscopy. Collects medical information, reviews prep instructions and schedules procedures according to guidelines established by the physicians.
1. Navigates in EMR to enter data and schedule procedures.
2. Communicates effectively and courteously with patients, physicians and co-workers.
3. Recognizes pertinent clinical information that would require Extender or Physician consultation
4. Works independently and efficiently or as part of a team.
5. Thoroughly completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
6. Collaborates with Coordinator, RN, Extender, Physician, patient representatives and schedulers for clarification when uncertain.
Experience: 1 year medical knowledge as CNA, CMA in an office, outpatient clinic, or hospital. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!