NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Vice President of Facilities and Support Services. Responsible for the planning, organization, direction, and supervision of activities of the Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Security and Food Service departments. In doing so, the Manager ensures the departments are supporting Novant’s mission, vision, and values as well as supporting the hospital’s work towards meeting its annual pillar goals.
1. Directs activities of the Coordinators of Environmental Services and Food Services as well as the activities of the Plant Operations and Security team members assuring a team effort in achieving individual departmental goals and overall objectives of the hospital. 2. Ensures that standards are established and maintained through ongoing quality improvements and planning processes and in accordance with local, state and federal agencies (CMS, DHSR, DNV, OSHA, EPA, Health Department, etc.). Assures that all required recordkeeping is accomplished and maintains, reviews, and analyzes as appropriate all data and documents pertaining to maintenance or other facility issues to demonstrate compliance with applicable regulatory laws, codes, life safety, and local, state and federal agencies as outlined above. 3. Responsible for overall staffing functions and programs including screening, hiring, orientation and retention of personnel, coaching, progressive discipline, evaluations, competency testing, job descriptions, and work scheduling. 4. Coordinates purchase of parts, materials and service with network facilities standards, purchasing policy, and operational budget. Has overall responsibility for the Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Security, and Food Service department budgets. 5. Acts as the department liaison to schedule maintenance work and minor renovation work. Negotiates contractual arrangements and construction with vendors and makes recommendations for approval of purchases of major operational items. 6. Develops and implements strategies to enhance quality of hospitality services weekly patient satisfaction scores including monitoring departments, products and services for all consumers. 7. Develops and maintains current preventive maintenance programs to maintain the building, equipment, alarm systems, grounds and building support system to ensure that the maximum time of service is received. Assures all work orders are scheduled and complete in the most cost effective and expeditious manner. 8. Develop and maintain up to date departmental policies and procedures for responsible areas. 9. Takes call on a rotating basis with other Plant Operations personnel.
* Certified Dietary manager
* Associate Degree
* Bachelors Degree
Education: Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Dietetics, Food Service Management or Business preferred.
Licensure/Certifications: Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred; other acceptable certifications include ASHES, NAILM, EMA, CHOP or NEHA. Technical licensure such as PE, State Contractor’s License or other applicable license is a plus.
Experience: Five years experience in environmental services, food production, and/or healthcare required. Knowledge and experience with JCHA and/or DNV, federal, state and local laws preferred. 4. Other (hours of work): Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Must be able to answer calls during non-working hours. Hours may vary to meet goals and objectives.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!