Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer - Noninvasive Cardiology Lab
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 4037
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Noninvasive Cardiology Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Non-Invasive Cardiac Services and the Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer Lead Tech. Performs pediatric and adult echocardiography procedures as ordered by the physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. With training, performs fetal diagnostic echocardiography as needed.
1. Performs all diagnostic echocardiography procedures per standard protocols under the supervision of a pediatric cardiologist for fetal echocardiography, neonates and children up to the age of 18, and patients of any age with known or suspected congenital heart disease.
2. Performs diagnostic echocardiography for the adult patient population as ordered by cardiology.
3. Completes examinations by documenting all appropriate procedural related information.
4. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
5. Time will be spent at NHRMC, NHPG – CFHA, the Nunnelee Pediatric Specialty Clinics as well as designated pediatric satellite clinics.
6. Provides patients and families with instruction regarding the appropriate procedural information pertinent to their exams and developmental age.
7. Performs/documents QA and QC per protocol.
8. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
9. Night and weekend call per rotation required.
10. Performs all duties necessary to ensure the harmonious operation of the Pediatric and Adult Echocardiography Lab.
* Reg Diag Cardiac Sonographer
* Associate Degree
Experience: Proficient in all modalities of Pediatric Echocardiography including 2-D, m-mode, CW/PW Doppler, tissue Doppler and have working knowledge of pediatric heart disease and surgical repair.
1-2 years of Pediatric scanning experience preferred. Fetal echocardiography and 3-D imaging experience is encouraged. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!