Echo Tech-CHA - Cape Fear Heart Associates
1415 Physicians Drive
Job ID: 4042
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Mgr of Noninvasive Cardiac Services and Lead Ultrasound Tech. Performs Diagnostic Echocardiography Ultrasound procedures for ordered physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. This position is responsible for the care of neonate (0-28 days, infant (1-12 months, children (1-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years, adult (18-72 years) and geriatric (72+ years) patients.
1. Performs all diagnostic Echocardiography Ultrasound procedures per standard protocols under the supervision of a Cardiologist for neonatal through geriatric patients.
2. Completes examinations by documenting all appropriate procedural related information
3. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
4. Provides all customers with information pertinent to their exams.
5. Performs/documents QA and QC per section protocol.
6. Performs all duties necessary to ensure the harmonious operation of the Echocardiography Ultrasound section
* Reg Diag Cardiac Sonographer
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1-2 years preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!