NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Nursing Administration
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Vice President. Performs a wide variety of confidential secretarial/assistant duties for the Vice President, requiring tact and professionalism in all contacts and highly skilled organizational abilities in handling the flow of work. Has direct contact with all members of the Executive team and provides support for the Board of Trustees’ personnel actions.
1. Provides assistance and performs duties for Vice to ensure an efficient, cost-effective operation using independent judgment and discretion in various confidential issues, and provides assistance to all vice presidents.
2. Communicates effective and appropriately, in written or verbal form, to a variety of requests from internal and external customers which includes Board Members, Administrative Staff, Medical Staff, employees, external professionals, clients, various companies and vendors and patients.
3. Assists the Vice President as necessary with major projects & deadlines, being familiar with all projects.
4. Maintains, coordinates and efficiently manages the schedule and responsibilities of the Vice President. Notifies appropriate parties and resolves conflicts as necessary. Includes coordinating meetings and special functions.
5. Prepares and coordinates the use of highly confidential documents.
6. Assists Vice President with preparation of NHRMC Board Committee meetings, as well as attends meetings to ensure accurate recording, transcription and distribution of the minutes.
7. Creates routine correspondence as appropriate and maintain accurate files of the same.
8. Manages office efficiently by handling all contacts, processing all paperwork in an orderly manner, maintaining adequate filing systems and ordering department supplies as needed.
9. Utilizes computer and maintains data and creates reports on a wide variety of departmental activities both general and confidential in nature.
10. Maintains time and attendance records for managers and other department staff if applicable.
11. Assists administration visitors with general departmental services.
12. Updates department policy and procedure manual and other manuals as needed.
13. Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems.
14. Maintains needed inventories and orders supplies for Vice President when needed.
15. Reviews and verifies charges on monthly statement of operations.
16. Schedules and coordinates Mandatory Education for department personnel as required by JCAHO.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduate of 2-year secretarial/executive secretarial program or 2 years experience in a secretarial role. Preferred 4-year degree in appropriate field.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: Five years experience as a secretary or administrative assistant in a medium or large organization, working for one or multiple senior individuals, with a wide scope of responsibility including, but not limited to: reception duties, scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, minutes, etc. Experience preferred in the area of specialty, healthcare, accounting, etc.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!